Responsible Gaming Policy
1. PROMOTING RESPONSIBLE GAMING
At iPro, inc. (the “Company” or “we”), we want all of our customers to enjoy social gaming and real-money gaming alike as a planned and budgeted entertainment option. But, as with many other things in life, it is possible to get too much of a good thing. Moderation is the key for all who engage in gaming whether it be for social currency or real money.
- Gaming should not be perceived as essential to having a good time.
- Limits should be set before starting to game. Money spent on gaming should be considered the cost of entertainment. People should game only with money they can afford to lose. A person who chooses to engage in gaming should set time and monetary limits and adhere to them.
- There are times when people should not game for real money. Certain emotional states can heighten the risks associated with real money gaming. Avoid gaming when feeling lonely, angry, depressed, stressed, or when coping with the death of a loved one. Similarly, game should not be used as a way to solve personal or family problems, or to impress others. Never game when it interferes with work or family responsibilities, when in recovery for addictive disorders or dependencies, when the gaming is illegal, or when trying to make up for prior gaming or gambling losses.
- You may seek professional help from the National Council on Problem Gambling’s helpline at 1-800-522-4700.
2. GAME FEATURES
Players receive responsible gaming information during registration and agree to the terms before starting to play.
Players are not allowed to have multiple accounts on the same platform.
Free or demonstration games have the same payout percentages and odds as paying games. Free games do not permit play by underage players.
Games display bets, wins, losses and account balances as cash when users are playing for real money.
Players cannot obtain a line of credit from the iPro.
Encouragement to Continue
The ringit! platform does not induce players to continue gaming when play is in session, when the player attempts to end a session, or wins or loses a bet. Communications with players do not intentionally encourage players to: (a) increase the amount they play with, (b) game continuously, (c) re-wager winnings, and (d) chase losses.
3. PREVENTING UNDERAGE GAMING
Anyone under the age of 18 is not permitted to engage in social or real-money contests on ringit!. Users must verify that they are at least 18 years of age during registration.
We perform an electronic verification using a third-party data reference company to validate the age and identity of all customers. We reserve the right to ask for age verification information from the player and suspend the player’s account until information is provided that verifies the player is of the appropriate age.
Unfortunately, no system is foolproof. If you know a person under 18 who is registered with ringit!, please notify our customer support team. If a person with an account is found to be under the age of 18, such person’s account will be terminated in accordance with iPro’s terms of service. Other legal ramifications may also apply.
Looking Out for Kids
Responsible gaming means making sure parents understand the importance of supervising their children’s online activities.
Tips for parents:
- Do not leave children unattended near your phone when you are logged into your ringit! account.
- Do not allow persons under 18 to participate in any ringit! activity.
- Keep your ringit! username, password, and deposit method details out of the reach of children.
- Educate your children about the illegality and potential dangers of underage gaming/gambling.
4. INFORMED DECISION MAKING
ringit! provides users information on their play on the ringit! platform. Players can request their gaming history including time and money spent, games played, net wins/losses as well as session information. Players can request their account details including all deposits amounts, withdrawal amounts, movement of funds between products, bonus information, restrictions such as exclusion events and limits.
Most gamers are casual gamers – they do it for fun and entertainment. Experts agree that casual gaming with affordable wagers can be a harmless, enjoyable pastime. Responsible gamers understand that gaming for real money entails risk. That is why gaming responsibly means setting predetermined, acceptable limits. People who set responsible limits are gaming with funds they can afford to lose. Those limits differ from person to person, according to their financial situations. Setting those limits – and sticking to them – is crucial. A player can establish his/her own limits and provide direction to others by developing a set of personal guidelines to determine whether, when, and how much to game.
We want players to have a great time playing ringit! and game responsibly. On the ringit! platform, players can set the following limits on their account:
- Playing time limit
- Deposit limit
- Loss limit
Players are encouraged to set weekly or monthly deposit, loss or time limits. Players have the option of setting daily, weekly or monthly limits on the size of deposits. Players have the option of setting a system-wide loss or time limit. Players have the option of setting individual loss or time limits of for each type of game offered by the site. Players may lower a limit at any time with a customer service agent. This will take effect immediately. Players may request increases in or removal of their limits. After a delay of 24 hours, the player must reconfirm their request for the limit to be changed. Play is stopped when the limit is reached.
If, at any stage, a player wishes to take a break from gaming, he or she can request a cooling off period from the ringit! platform of 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, or 5 months by contacting a representative by email or live chat.
During the “cooling-off” period a player’s ringit! account will be suspended and iPro will take all reasonable measures to make sure the player does not receive promotional offers. This suspension is irrevocable during the “cooling-off” period. The player’s ringit! account will automatically re-open at the end of the selected “cooling-off” period. A player may withdraw their remaining bankroll during this period.
If, at any stage, a player becomes concerned about his or her gaming, he or she can make a request online to be self-excluded from the ringit! platform. Players who exclude also receive information about available help services (e.g., helpline number, counseling etc.)
The ban length is variable but is a minimum of 30 days and includes a lifetime option. Players have options to select the length. All bans, no matter what length, are irrevocable. Bans stay in effect indefinitely and accounts are not automatically re-opened until players go through the reinstatement process.
Once a player self-excludes, we will block the account. Any new accounts the player attempts to open during the period of self-exclusion will also be blocked as soon as they are detected. In addition, we will take all reasonable measures to make sure the player does not receive any promotional material during this time.
Players may renew their exclusion by contacting a customer service agent by email, telephone or live online chat. Players who renew their ban receive information concerning problem gaming and help resources.
We reserve the right to exclude a player at our discretion if we are requested to do so by a third party (e.g., spouse, relative) and we determine there is a reasonable risk that the player is not gaming responsibly and he/she refuses to self-restrict or self-exclude.
5. RESPONSIBLE ADVERTISING
Advertising and marketing for ringit! will:
- Contain a responsible gaming message and/or a toll-free help line number where practical.
- Reflect generally accepted contemporary standards of good taste.
- Strictly comply with all state and federal standards to make no false or misleading claims.
Advertising and marketing for ringit! will not:
- Contain images, symbols, celebrity/entertainer endorsements and/or language designed to appeal specifically to children and minors.
- Feature anyone who is or appears to be below the legal age to participate in ringit!’s gaming activity.
- Make claims or representations that participating in ringit! will guarantee an individual’s social, financial or personal success.
- Be placed before any audience where most of the audience is ordinarily expected to be below the legal age to participate in ringit!.
- Imply or suggest any illegal activity of any kind.
- Target anyone with gaming or gambling problems.
6. EDUCATING EMPLOYEES
All staff who have contact with players, including customer service agents, as well as administrative and corporate staff members, are trained in responsible gaming. These staff members are taught skills and procedures specific to their position to respond to situations where a player contacts the site, requests information, and discloses they may have a gaming problem.
iPro will provide information to new and existing employees about responsible gaming as well as access to iPro’s policies and practices related to responsible gaming.
7. WHEN MIGHT GAMING BE A PROBLEM?
The following highlights a number of questions a player should ask to help identify potential signs of a gaming problem. While these questions are not a diagnostic, psychological, or medical test and should not be used as such, many people who have called problem gaming/gambling help lines have answered yes to one or more of the following questions:
- Do you lose time from work due to gaming?
- Is gaming making your home life unhappy?
- Is gaming affecting your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gaming?
- Do you ever engage in real money gaming to get money to help pay debts or solve other financial difficulties?
- Does gaming decrease your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing, do you feel you must return as soon as possible to win back your losses?
- After a win, do you have a strong urge to continue and win more?
- Do you often game until your last dollar is gone?
- Do you ever borrow to finance your gaming?
- Have you ever sold any real estate or personal property to finance gaming?
- Are you reluctant to use “gaming money” for normal expenditures?
- Does gaming ever make you careless about the welfare of your family?
- Do you ever game longer than you had planned?
- Do you ever game to escape worries or trouble?
- Have you ever committed or considered committing an illegal act to finance your gaming?
- Does gaming make you have difficulty sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments, or frustrations create an urge to game?
- Do you have an urge to celebrate good fortune with a few hours of gaming?
- Have you ever considered self-destructive behavior as a result of your gaming?
Know when to stop before you start.® If you think you or someone you care about may have a gaming or gambling problem please call 1-800-GAMBLER.
For assistance regarding anything else related to ringit!, please do not hesitate to contact us.